The Call for Proposals for the Sakai Virtual Conference 2015 is now closed.
You are invited to submit a proposal for this year’s Sakai Virtual Conference! The premise of the virtual conference is simple: An Online, Sakai Teaching and Learning focused conference to connect with colleagues across the globe, share stories and best practices, and envision how you might use Sakai in the future. You can enjoy interaction with your peers in the Sakai community, all without leaving home!
We are actively seeking presenters who are knowledgeable about teaching with Sakai. You don’t need to be a technical expert to share your experiences!
This online event will emphasize the use of Sakai for teaching and learning, although there will also be some technical sessions in the program. The conference committee has planned the following tracks/session types:
- Faculty Course Showcase - Demonstrate exemplary instructional strategies and course design by showcasing your course.
- Instructional Design/Support - How do you support your end users? Share best practices for instructional design, training, and professional development at your institution.
- Effective or Innovative Practice - Are you using Sakai in a unique or uniquely effective way? For example, are you doing something innovative in Mobile/Responsive Design or Accessibility? Show us your effective or innovative practice!
- Learning Analytics - How are you using Learning Analytics in conjunction with your Sakai LMS to promote institutional objectives? Have you implemented a dashboard or student intervention/success plan, Learning Records Store, xAPI, etc.?
- Technical Session - Do you have a topic that would be of interest to Sakai developers or IT staff? Would you like to demo new features or functionality coming in Sakai 11? Present on a technical topic "under the hood" of Sakai.
- Birds of a Feather - Lead an informal/unstructured online discussion about a topic of your choice.
- Lightning Talks - Do you have a project or perspective you'd like to share? Maybe you have an idea to improve Sakai that you’d like to promote? Lightning talks are 5 minute presentations which will be combined into an exciting and fast-paced conference session.
- UX Testing - We will be conducting live usability testing during the conference. Do you have a research question and test script you’d like to propose as part of our UX track? Help us improve the Sakai user interface through UX testing!
- Sakai en Español - Envía tu presentación sobre cualquiera de estos temas en español. (Note: The Spanish track will begin two hours prior to the main conference sessions so that attendees have the option to attend the presentations in Spanish as well as other conference tracks.)