Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is open through September 21st, 2018!
You are invited to submit a proposal for this year’s Sakai Virtual Conference! The premise of the virtual conference is simple: An Online, Sakai Teaching and Learning focused conference to connect with colleagues across the globe, share stories and best practices, and envision how you might use Sakai in the future. You can enjoy interaction with your peers in the Sakai community, all without leaving home!
We are actively seeking presenters who are knowledgeable about teaching with Sakai. You don’t need to be a technical expert to share your experiences!
The conference committee has planned the following session types:
- Course Showcase Lightning Talk - Demonstrate Sakai in practice by showcasing your course design! Lightning talks are 5 minute presentations which will be combined into an exciting and fast-paced conference session.
- Effective or Innovative Practice - How are you using Sakai to support teaching and learning? Share best practices for faculty and student support, training, learning analytics, and more.
- Empowering Pedagogy - Demonstrate how you are using Sakai tools to implement good instructional design techniques or teaching and learning principles.
- Technical Session - Do you have a topic that would be of interest to Sakai developers or IT staff? Would you like to demo new features or upcoming functionality in Sakai? Is there a new LTI integration you would like to show off? Present on a technical topic "under the hood" of Sakai.
- Birds of a Feather - Lead an informal/unstructured online discussion about a topic of your choice.
If you would like feedback on a proposal idea prior to submission, please contact the SVC18 conference planning committee .